Thursday, April 17, 2008

Educational Gifts

This cool green stuffed toy caught my attention when I was looking at the books and other items in our church bookstore. I saw this cuddly soft turtle for only P250.00 a few months ago so I planned to save for it, so I can buy it for my niece whose birthday is on April 26th. What has drawn me to it is that it is being sold for a cause. The proceeds will go to a Foundation for endangered turtles. I have learned to give educational, useful, meaningful and inexpensive gifts. I realized it doesn't have to be that expensive. The objective is to give something that will help in the progress of that person rather than help me "look good" myself.  You know, I used to always think of my reputation when giving out gifts. I didn't want to give inexpensive, unbranded items  because I didn't want to look "cheap." As they say, your choice is a reflection of who you are, which is so true. Thank God I am smarter and practical now so I am going to put it in the proper perspective: I choose to give inexpensive yet meaningful gift that will have a positive impact on the person. I will explain to my niece why I bought that stuffed toy thus, imparting care and responsibility in her young mind. Why don't you try it!  

 

Custom Search