Friday, September 12, 2008

Who Told You To Do It?

I have been swamped with work for the past weeks. I have taken on a new position as General Manager of one of the companies under a Holdings group wholly owned by Filipinos. Concurrently, I am also handling Lifeline Foundation’s Parental Assistance Program which is being supported by this company. So there! I got so engrossed in the daily grind I found myself losing out on the context of my life somehow. Why am I here? What am I doing? Who am I doing it for? And WHO told me to do it? 

God gave my life a meaning, a purpose. I have then learned to  align my way of life with this purpose. Our vision to build schools, libraries, livelihood projects, fishery, environmentally-friendly facilities, etc. –ALL for empowering lives of people. Changing one life at a time! Somewhere in the middle of things in the past weeks at work, I have forgotten about Him when my WORK is suppose to be my WORSHIP as well. I  can’t compartmentalize my life –I only have ONE LIFE. Remembering I am a PACKAGE DEAL – mind, body, heart and spirit ALL IN ONE. Yes Father, I am setting my mind and keeping it set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on earth. I am keeping my heads up so I can only see YOU. Getting rid of all the stinky rubbish, rising up to the flak. I put my hands to the plow, moving forward and not losing sight of who I am in YOU.

Thank you Father!

Custom Search