Monday, October 11, 2010

One Sunday and Tomato Soup

I had a purposeful and yet a restful Sunday yesterday spending it with my daughter Gabby, and Judith my housemate and one of my true friends. We started the day thanking God for His love and all the blessings that He has given us. We had a helper who came to clean the house and do the laundry. We have planned days back what we needed to do that day and that exactly what we accomplished.  Later in the afternoon, we decided to go to the nearest grocery store to do our grocery shopping. We were on a budget so we listed down the things that we only needed and would only fit our alloted budget. And since there was school the next day, we agreed to do it as efficiently as we can,  have dinner out and be home by 8pm. And by God's grace that was what happened. We had dinner at a pizza house nearby. Had tomato soup, vegetarian pizza, chicken wings with potato wedges and very good conversations (Yup!). The tomato soup was great! I tasted the freshness of tomatoes, the creaminess of milk, the extremely savory taste of basil and that aroma of  garlic. Not to mention the benefits of lycopene in tomatoes which I will blog about next time. Wow it made my day! Unfortunately, I didn't think of taking a picture of the actual soup before we finished it (oh boy! it only took a few minutes then it was all gone! lol!) So, I copied a picture of a bowl of tomato soup from Free Foto (I made sure I won't get in trouble with copyright and stuff). They allow their pictures to be copied and used as long as a link to their website is provided and the source is disclosed. Good enough, right? But of course, the setting and utensils you see in the picture differ from the actual one.  

So here's to adding color and picture to this blog entry, and sweetness to that fun memory!



Gabby and Judith


Custom Search