Thursday, June 26, 2008

God's Kind Of Rest

It's been a while since I last posted entries here.  Lately, I have been experiencing a certain level of tiredness which didn't make sense at first, since work has not been that "chaotic" (I only have around 3 kids enrolled at the Daycare Centre), so it was manageable and yet, I would come home so exhausted and weakened. Didn't have the energy to do household chores and other things, like play with Gabby, blog, etc.  I said Halt! This cannot go on any longer. Then I remember God's word in Hebrews 4:10-11 that tells us how to find rest. As we enter God's rest, our weariness from human labor ends.  We've known rest to be physical in aspect only, as we work or labor, we usually try to find our own rest by taking a day off, spending a day in spas, going on a vacation, etc., thinking these could refresh us and make us feel better. While I agree that our physical body needs break from work from time to time, I now understand that it could only do us good to a certain extent. And only God can give us that incredible sense of tranquility and peace that no spa nor vacation could give us, that ease and blessed quiet for our souls. As we look up to Him and come to Him to seek for it, He gives it as He promised in Matthew 11:30. So that's what I did. Looked up and prayed. Wow! Father, thank you! 

Matthew 11:29-30 (The Amplified Bible)

29Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.

    30For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.

Custom Search