Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Gabby Is Advancing To AK5


Last night was the last Parent-Teacher Meeting in Gabby's school. The Principal presided the meeting and announced the activities for the rest of the school year 2007-2008. The school has outlined as well the activities for the Summer Program.  The objective of which is to continue training and educating the children.

One of the matters discussed was the performance of the students. The parents were so happy to receive the good news that all Kinder 4 students ( all six of them, including Gabby ) did very well this school year therefore, all six are promoted to Advance Kinder 5 level (AK5). Basically, it means that they are skipping Kinder 5 this year. Call it promoted, accelerated, stepped up  or whatever you may want to call it...I am so glad she did it (it also means less tuition fee, uniform, school supplies expenses for a year for me. Thank you Father!) I told her she should be proud of herself for studying hard and for being obedient to mommy. She gave herself a pretty good pat on the shoulder! This is because I learned that a child needs to develop internal praise for a job well done as it helps build self confidence. So instead of me telling her "I am so proud of you, honey," I intentionally let it come from her. Hmmm. Interesting, isn't it? I will talk more about this in my next posts. So watch out for it!

Custom Search